Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Black Bear with 3 cubs seen in Gatlinburg near the Smoky Mountain Park!

Today after going to Ski View Road in Gatlinburg to take aerial blimp photos of a few cabins in the area, our crew got a nice surprise from Mother Nature! From out of the woods comes an enormous mother bear with her cub just walking along quite briskly. They were simply beautiful and seemed to be in perfect health. By the time this all happened, I realized that I was stopped in the middle of the road and the mother bear was just a few short feet away from my driver’s window and so at that moment I decided that taking the time to grab the camera and take a photo of the bear may not be worth the danger that could occur from being so close to her.

So, I decided to put the truck in drive and get out of their way when out of nowhere came 2 more cubs running as fast as they could through the woods trying to catch up with the mother and first cub so there we were stopped again. This time, I thought I may as well get a photo if I am waiting and so I did. Enjoy these quick snap shots as they are truly nature her finest!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pix! We had a bear come right across our Gatlinburg parking lot and I couldn't get to my good camera fast enough. The cell phone picture proved the existence of the bear but wasn't sufficient quality to warrant posting to our Gatlinburg.blogspot.com blog.